6.12.2005

Things I've been learning..

I've been on a high learning curve these days -- and by these days, I mean approximately the last year and a half...
  • the enemy is not myself, it is Satan.... so, the more time I waste fighting with myself the less effective I am for the kingdom which is reality, not the world.
  • our choices will effect the lives of others, it doesn't matter how 'removed' from the situation the other is, community is precisely that.... life together.
  • community is fun --- this is a lie, it will not always be fun. Sometimes it will hurt and make you cry but it is always worth it.
  • God REALLY is who He say is He and to make Him or even ask Him to be less than that is sin.
  • we are not as complex as we would probably like to think that we are... our identity is very simple actually -- we are worshippers, that's all
  • when we stop looking at ourselves and look to the Father everything makes more sense -- He must increase, I must decrease.
  • it's okay to not always be able to fix what is broken and just move on and laugh in the midst of it
  • his grace is always sufficient... it is never lacking and if it feels like I am missing something its because I don't really need what I think I do
  • ummm... boundaries are good, but hard. I am still working on this one.... (I promise) see look.... 'No, I can't help you", "No, I don't have time for you or your mom", "Hey, let's make plans ahead of time..." things like this

No comments: