8.22.2005

I am alive!

Hey all!
Sorry it has been so long. I made it back to the sates and I am about to go back to school tomorrow. Just want to share some post return thoughts -- they might be a little scattered.
  • the world is so deceitful. I lusted after riches and material things sooo much when I got home. Like I had been 'missing out' on the stuff life really has to offer. It is so easy to be deceived and not even realize it -- it scared me.
  • to die is gain. I miss Jesus, I long to be with him, I long for life better than the world, I know heaven is waiting for me and I am not sad to leave the world anymore.
  • patience..... it will all come out eventually and people won't understand right away
  • urgency -- every moment is an opportunity to love and to glorify, to share and to live for the sake of the gospel
  • Foreigner.... I was one for 6 months and yet I felt more at home there then I do here. I feel like a stranger and am praying that I will continue to feel that way forever because this isn't my home and once I make myself at home life becomes about me all over again.
  • Change stinks -- especially in massive quantities. It really MEANS something to me today that the Lord Jesus Christ is the SAME yesterday, today, and forever! Praise the Lord.

That's all I got for now. Like I said -- it will all come out slowly, keep prodding and prying though, it helps me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are great insights. Just want you to know we love you and are sorry we haven't connected yet. Did you get my text message?

Either way, keep looking at Jesus - He's all you need.