I've been listening to some powerful music the past few weeks that has really challenged and encouraged me, so I just wanted to pass some of it along:
The church just can’t fight because it’s asleep in the light. How can you be so dead when you’ve been so well fed? Jesus rose from the dead and you can’t even get out of bed. -- 'Asleep in the light' by: Keith Green
sidenote: Keith Green sings this song called 'He'll take care of the Rest' where he tells stories about God's provisions. He tells the story about Moses, and in his song God calls Moses 'Mo' ... and it gets me everytime...Mo .... haha..
Jesus commands us to go but we go the other way, so He carries the burden alone while His children are busy at play, feeling so called to stay.... Jesus commands us to go, it should be the exception if we stay. It’s no wonder we’re moving so slow, when his church refuses to obey, feeling so called to stay. -- Keith Green
I wanna take your word and shine it all around, but first help me just to live it Lord. And when I am doing well help me to never seek a crown, for my reward is giving glory to You. ‘O Lord You’re Beautiful” – Keith Green
To obey is better than sacrifice I want more than Sunday and Wednesday nights cause if you can’t come to me everyday then don't bother coming at all. "To obey is better than sacrifice" -- Keith Green
My son, my son why are you striving, you can’t add one thing to what I’ve done for you, I did it all while I was dying. Rest in your faith my peace will come to you.
When I hear the praises start I want to rain upon you blessings that will fill your heart, I see no stain upon you because you are my child and you know me. To me you’re only holy. Nothing that you’ve done remains only what you do for me. -- Keith Green
You are all that I have and all I have is You. You are all that I am and all I am is You. Whatever you ask of me there is no one I’d rather be than one created to worship You. In all that comes my way, poverty or failure I was created to worship You. 'Created to Worship' --Rita Springer
Holy, you are still holy even when I don’t understand Your ways, and sovereign, You are still sovereign even when my circumstances don’t change. Lord I don’t deserve your tender patience when my unbelief has kept me from your truth. I want my life to be a sweet devotion to You. So, I come into your chamber and I dance at your feet Lord, You are my Savior and I am at your mercy all that has been in my life until now, it all belongs to you, for You are still Holy. We all just belong to you. – Rita Springer
I close my eyes and I see Your face, if home's where my heart is then I am out of place, Lord won't you give me strength to make it through somehow, I've never been more homesick than now. -Mercyme
Keith Green is awesome, check out his website at: www.keithgreen.com
9.19.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Excellent thoughts. Thanks for sharing. I am old enough to distinctly remember the day Keith Green died. There was a deep sense of grief and loss as if something of great worth had gone out of the world. And 25 years later, he is still speaking. When I try to imagine what kind of relationship Enoch had with God, I imagine it was much like Keith's.
I want that. I hear it's quite costly, though. We don't get the pearl of great price, I don't think, unless we sell everything else to buy the whole field that comes along with it.
word up and out! Kieth Green is a DUDE! only someone with a heart as holy as his can get away with ridiculous things like "Mo" and talking about "Sundays and Wednesday nights" in a song. Those are absolutely ridiculous songwriting ideas - but he is so golden it works! Which album do you have cause I always look at all the kieth green albums and get scared and walk away!
word up and out! Kieth Green is a DUDE! only someone with a heart as holy as his can get away with ridiculous things like "Mo" and talking about "Sundays and Wednesday nights" in a song. Those are absolutely ridiculous songwriting ideas - but he is so golden it works! Which album do you have cause I always look at all the kieth green albums and get scared and walk away!
Post a Comment