I feel I need to preface this with some of the events from this past week: I have been sharing a room with a 9 yr old boy from AB's school b/c he and his mom are homeless right now and she can't handle him sometimes. I went to a benefit concert for Africa last night and saw 'Invisible Children', I started volunteering at this day care for kids in a very poor neighborhood and got cussed out more than I ever have in my entire life by 5-6 year olds who think those words are normal conversation, I've been listening to J C's songs about Charity means Love all week, I saw a client at the preg center who had been sexually abused by both of her brothers and a sister, and going to a class about AIDS in South Africa .... God has been doing a lot in my heart through all of these things and it kind of just all came out last night in this...
Pain, Injustice, Suffering surrounds
like thick darkness weighing down around,
I am a light, and I WILL shine,
it is the nature of the darkness
to magnify the light to its very source.
So, what's the deal? Why the defeat coming,
creeping ever closer, threatning
to extinguish my flame?
I know it can't be quenched, the Spirit in me,
and yet right now I feel the depths of my soul
resound in an anguished cry for the orphans,
the invisible children, the impoverished, starving,
diseased, not just in the world, or even in my city,
but in my bedroom sleeping right next to me... 9 years old.
God, I see You -- You are not gone.
You are the widow, the abducted child, the weak, the mom
who can't care for her kids ... I see You.
But, what I don't see is the freedom, the hope
the life that You give. Jesus, be not far away
but run to the help of Your love tonight
because I can't rest warm in my bed while You are
on the streets. There's nothing else I can say
tonight Lord but cry to You Jesus... not with
requests even but with my entire soul groaning
before You on behalf of these.
I come into this darkness and beg You to shine.
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me." Micah7:7-8
3.03.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
well said- i love your heart. thanks for your support this week and allowing our bedroom to "house" a 9 yr old homeless boy this week. i love you, roommate!
Post a Comment