4.05.2007

hard week...

It has been a hard week. It doesn't feel like it is over yet, but I am still standing and can feel hope, so that is good.
I've been reading this book in preparation for Easter called 'The Day Christ Died' and it is this hour by hour account of the last day of his life. The guy who wrote it did a ton of research so as to be as accurate as possible but puts it in the form of a narrative. It has been very meaningful for me as I myself, on a much smaller scale, am exeriencing some of these same emotions and thoughts. I read this the other day
- You have multiplied, O Lord, my God your wonderous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you!... I desire to do you will, O My God; your law is within my heart... my iniquities have overtaken me, and I cannot see; they are more than the hairs of my head; my heart fails me... as for me I am poor and needy but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer do not delay o My God! Psalm 40

There's this great line from the book I'm reading 'when lightning flashes and thunder rolls the sheep look not at the sky but at the shepherd.'

With Hope... Erin

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I want to read this book next Easter. Thanks for sharing part of it.