I'm not totally overwhelmed, but I'm not simply whelmed, so I guess I'm sufficiently whelmed right now. I brief overview of the last 2 weeks:
- My dad got his knee replaced last Monday. The surgery went well and he is back home and recovering - we're going to see him this weekend.
- I went to Pennsylvania Thursday - Monday to visit my sister and her new husband, it was a really great trip and I'm so glad I got to spend some good time with them.
- While I was in PA I got a text message about one of my friends from middle school and high school who died in a motorcycle accident. The funeral is today.
- Monday morning Jeff's uncle was scheduled for a hip replacement and his grandfather accidentally fell and broke his hip so his mom had to fly up to Dallas to be there for Big since George was also in the hospital.
- I went straight from the airport Monday to the hospital with Jeff to see Big. he had surgery yesterday morning and everything seemed to go well, he is in recovery now but still at the hospital.
- This week is Missions Emphasis Week at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, so Jeff took a couple days off work to be there and I have been going there in the morning, coming back for work in the afternoon, and going back to UMHB at night, then coming back to Waco and starting all over again.
- One of my dearest, best friends lost her baby yesterday. She found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago and then this weekend went to the ER with extreme pain and yesterday found out that she had an ectopic pregnancy and had surgery to remove the baby. It went well and she is back home recovering, but I'm still really sad for her and her family.
So, it's been a pretty intense few days and I've been really sad about all of these things. God has been really good and faithful to remind me of his goodness and absolute trustworthiness in the midst of everything. If anything, all of these things have helped me really fall deep into the Father and be embraced by His peace and love. He knows how to hold and heal broken hearts better than anyone else.
So, anyway, that's what is going on with us lately. I will post some pictures from PA soon. Thanks for your prayers!
10.22.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i'm amazed at the fact that you're still going and going! i hope that you're taking care of yourself in the midst of all this craziness. it was such a blessing for me to spend last night with you. i know that all the other peeps that have been able to be with you have been blessed as well. thanks for going above and beyond to advocate for our team, the kids, and above all else, sharing how He who sent you is worth it all. i love you, fife!
That is a lot. Praying for you!
Post a Comment