10.29.2008

Pics from MEW at UMHB

We had a good time last week hanging out with students at Mary Hardin Baylor and telling them about the work we will be doing in Iraq and what is currently going on with The Preemptive Love Coalition.


This is a canvas I made for the event to showcase some of the latest stuff from our website.

The following are pics of pinwheels our sunday school class help make for the event. PLC has a new Pinwheels program to help advocate for these kids in Iraq and give people some really tangible ways to get involved. Did you know that most of these 3000+ Iraqi children in need of heart surgery aren't even strong enough to blow a pinwheel? So, if you can blow a pinwheel then you can make a pinwheel, sell a pinwheel, get a bunch of people together to make and sell or showcase pinwheels on behalf of these kids who need our help!


Aren't these fun?!



This is us at our booth for the ACT Now event

If you don't have a buy shoes. save lives or preemptive love T-shirt yet, the new V-necks are on the website and they're pretty awesome!

3 comments:

jrandchels said...

LOVE that canvas!!! It is amazing!! And those pinwheels are so cute!! I am going to call you tomorrow. Can't wait to talk! Love you :)

The Gochis Family said...

Hey Erin, I love your blog. It was fun to see the work you did at UMHB. The canvas is very cool. I've missed seeing you. Have a great weekend!

Cheryl

Kim Davison said...

Hey, Erin! I just now saw your comment on my blog (from September!!) I'm so sorry I missed it. I love my new kitchen! Hope you and Jeff are doing well. Take care and have a wonderful fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas season! Hugs, Kim Russell (Jen's mom)