Right now we are out of Iraq for a couple for a couple of week. I finally have time to sit down and write a blog post or maybe two. So here goes:
-The other day Erin and I were going to pick some packages up and she noticed a monkey on a leash tied to a light pole One doesn’t see monkeys everyday tied to a light pole especially ones eating carrots!
- I have grown accustomed to visiting the bazaar (large primarily outside market where one can go to find almost anything you need. I typically take a taxi into the less crowded part of the bazaar and then walk out of it when I am ready to leave cause there is lots of traffic in the bazaar. As I was on my usual route walking out of the bazaar I noticed an old man sitting in a chair sleeping waiting for someone to hire him. Since then I have seen him sleeping in his chair in the morning, at lunch time and in the afternoon. Personally I think it is bad business because I wouldn’t wake someone from sleeping I would simply move onto the next person. But then someone who thinks differently than myself might think I will hire the sleeping man he should be well rested. Any thoughts?
- A month or so ago every time I sat down to type something I kept hitting the comma key and it really annoyed me so I am happy to say that since I started typing this post I have not hit the comma key once on accident.
- Being here in Turkey has been great. I have had some amazing chicken (something I don’t eat much of in Iraq). And I had a McFlurry and a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. I really miss great ice cream. We are staying in a friends house that is located pretty stinking close to the water so it has been great to hear and smell the water. It reminds me of home and then I get to thinking that I’m going fishing in about a month with my dad and Allen. Having lived in Corpus most of my life I am accustomed to seeing seagulls, some that are big and other that are small but the seagulls in Turkey are extra large. I took a picture of one cause I figured people wouldn’t believe me.
- Back to Iraq. I with the help of a couple of our interns finished painting the upstairs of our house. That is a huge relief!
- We also bought new curtains that are thicker, heavier, and darker for our living room so now that room is a little cooler and much more tolerable. I am still going to get a larger split (a/c) someday, hopefully!
- Thanks to one of our interns, Josh, I have started to get into photography. Part of the benefit to living overseas is that you get the opportunity to see amazingly beautiful places. Now I am just trying to learn how to take a little bit better pictures.
- Hopefully I will take some great ones in Thailand and you will get to see them.
That’s about all I have for this post. I hope you leave comments cause that is my favorite part about blogging, getting to read comments people left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love it when you post!! I love to hear from you about what you are doing and thinking. You always bring a smile to my face when I read what you write. Miss you and love you!
Mom
I love your posts, too, Jeff. And now that I'm not there to hear your thoughts in person, I'll look forward to you posting even more often!
This comment is just for you Jeffe!!! Just like your mom, i love it when you post because I can almost hear your voice saying each word I read. I love that I'm going to hopefully get to see you in about a month!!! And I'm sorry I didn't send you an email about when I get to see you, trust me, I plan on seeing you multiple times while you are in the states! Thanks again for the post!
seconding all the people that say they like it when you post. can't wait to see your pictures.
It sounds like y'all have had an exciting month with the traveling. We'll look forward to seeing you when you come stateside.
Post a Comment